In order to carry out all the projects that Kiwanis is involved with throughout the year, each member is asked to join one or more committees.
AC Concessions Committee
- Purchases and delivers food, drinks and supplies for concessions booth throughout football season
- Works with Club president to get volunteers for every game
- Works at the concessions booth before/during/after AC football games
Board of Directors
Officers and directors for the 2013-2014 Sherman Kiwanis Club (Oct. 1-Sept. 30)
Christmas Gifts Committee
- Gathers lists/data for local children and families in need of help with Christmas gifts
- Distributes list to membership and coordinates sign-ups
- Determines budget for gifts
- Coordinates date/time/place of wrapping event with Club president (always in December)
- Coordinates delivery of gifts
Key Club Advisory Committee
- Supervises Key Club meetings and/or activities as needed.
- Reports to Club president and Board of Directors on Key Club activities.
- Maintains regular correspondence with Key Club advisor at Sherman HS to determine needs and keep Club updated on activities.
Organize annual Pancake Day fundraiser.
Red River Bike Rally Committee
Oversees and implements the annual Red River Bike Rally fundraiser.
School Supplies (Christmas in July) Committee
Purchases, gathers and delivers school supplies to various organizations in Sherman in July/August before the start of school.
Students of the Month & Scholarships Committee
- Works directly with Sherman High School counselors and staff to determine who should be awarded "Student of the Month."
- Reviews scholarship applications in the spring to determine who receives Sherman Kiwanis Club scholarships
- Works with students and their families to invite them to meetings to be recognized for Student of the Month and/or scholarships
- Orders and delivers plaques to students